Thursday 31 March 2016

THE FUTURE OF ISRAEL

From Risto Santala

THE FUTURE OF ISRAEL

 The Apostle Paul always felt himself to be a Jew. When describing what he experienced as an agent of the Gospel, he begins his "curriculum vitae", that is, the account of his "running" by saying, "Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I!" (2 Cor. 11:22-31) To the Philippians he tells slightly more briefly about his background and begins by saying: "I was circumcised on the eighth day and I am of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the Law a Pharisee -- but whatever was to my profit, I consider loss for the sake of Christ. So I really count everything as loss compared to that surpassingly precious thing, knowing Christ Jesus my Lord" (Phil. 3:5-8).

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment